How do I re-enable the GS Wavetable in version 3 of Notation Software products?
Posted by Sherry Crann on 08 June 2016 04:31 PM
The Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth is disabled by default in version 3 of our products, but can be enabled upon customer request, and if it is present on your particular Windows 10 machine (the GS Wavetable is present in all previous versions of Windows).
In the Registry in Setup Options the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth = 0 is disabled by default.
For enabling please set this parameter = 1.
At the next start the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth is visible in case it is ready by Windows and can be
1. In the Windows Start “search” field, type “regedit.exe” and then click the “regedit.exe” result that comes up.
2. In the left-hand panel, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Notation\PRODUCT\SetupOptions\ (PRODUCT will be either Composer or Musician)
3. Now in the right-hand panel, RIGHT-click on the “Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth” entry and select “Edit”
4. In the “Value data” field replace the “O” with “1”.
5. Click the “Ok” to save the change.
6. Exit the Registry Editor by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the window.
Now when you restart your software the GS Wavetable Synth will be available as a MIDI playback device, which you can set either as the main default playback device, or as the device for any specific songs you want.